2016年12月31日 星期六

Phalaenopsis and I







      Although I have grown up with Phalaenopsis, not until last year had I begun thinking of doing business with Phalaenopsis.  Anyway, life is always full of surprises.  I am saying so because I have been dreaming of becoming a scholar since I was a little child.  In fact, I am now working on using the knowledge I have learned to do business.  i believe that I can do something different.

      In Taiwan, plum flower, orchid, bamboo, and chrysanthemum are called the four gentlemen of flowers.  Among orchids, Phalaenopsis are called the Moth of orchids.  It is very gorgeous and elegant.  Thus, many people like to give pot Phalaenopsis as present to other they admire or appreciate.  I grew up with pot Phalaenopsis because every year on special holidays my dad receives pot Phalaenopsis from those who admire him.

      Under this circumstance, I have been surrounded by pot Phalaenopsis since I was little.  I like the beauty and the wild nature of Phalaenopsis.  It is somewhat like a cat, which is semi-domesticated.  It needs watering, but only some once a week in Taiwan, which has a subtropical oceanic climate.  Anyhow, Phalaenopsis is quite independent with its significant characters.  Maybe living with Phalaenopsis has made me an independent person!  I enjoy most of the time both alone and with others.  Certainly, I still have down moments, but I am trying my best living with those uncomfortable situations.

      Couple years ago I finally gave up becoming a full-time academic faculty in the university in Taiwan.  Simply speaking, I couldn't find my way being myself and doing well in such a twisted system.  I want to do the things I enjoy and make contribution to other people.  therefore, I began examining things around me that I like and which I think I can make a difference for myself and other people around.  After awhile, I finally put my eyes on the flower I grew up with.

      Phalaenopsis is one of the moderately commercialized agricultural product in Taiwan.  I am saying it is  only "moderately commercialized" because it is not yet industrialized and is far from systematized.  I started studying systems analysis since college in UC Davis.  I also studied operations research in business school in Taiwan.  Over these years, i continue studying systems thinking on my own.  I am sure that I can help Taiwan's Phalaenopsis industry become systematized and provide happiness to Phalaenopsis buyers around the world. 

沒有留言:

張貼留言